Hello, I am a UK-based script editor and writer, with drama and comedy experience, and proven strong creative instincts.
I trained with the UK's National Film and Television School (Diploma in Script Development, 2005-2007), and I've worked on produced feature films and in television (drama development and writing on-air continuity scripts for broadcasters). I am also a published author.
SCRIPT EDITING AND DEVELOPMENT
As a script editor and developer, I've worked on projects that have enjoyed great critical and commercial success.
- Script editor of the hit Finnish feature film, PRINCESS (2010), for Art Films Production, which spent 5 weeks at the top of the Finnish box office - outgrossing big Hollywood titles - and won a Jussi award ("Finnish Oscar").
- The English-language remake rights to PRINCESS were acquired by LA-based W2 Media, at AFM 2011. Project taken on by AMBI Pictures Group in October 2014.
- Research on original TV conspiracy thriller series, which became Channel 4's acclaimed UTOPIA (2013), and which is now being remade by HBO and GONE GIRL collaborators David Fincher and Gillian Flynn.
- Script consultant on Justin Edgar's recent feature film, the British teen comedy WE ARE THE FREAKS (2013)
- External assessor for the National Film and Television School's Diploma in Script Development (since January 2014).
- Author of the FAMILY GUY ANNUAL 2015, for Pedigree Books (out now). Also writing the 2016 edition.
- Sole writer of on-air continuity (the intro/end credits voiceover announcements) for television channel FOX TV UK, for the past two years, since October 2012 - including the rebrand/launch from FX TV in January 2013.
- Prior to this, 6+ years freelance continuity producing/writing for SKY TV channels - including Sky Movies, MGM HD, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living and Sky 1. I also worked on the Sky Arts rebrand/launch, developing the continuity style and writing scripts for first three months of transmission, in 2007. (Channel was formerly Artsworld.)
- Freelance producing and writing cover for digital channels, 5USA and 5*, for CHANNEL 5.
I started out in the film and television industries in 2002, assisting at international festivals in the UK and Canada, then moved into production. My work has included a stint in the casting office of the Warner Brothers feature film V FOR VENDETTA (2005), the rehearsal room of Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher's cult BBC comedy series SNUFF BOX (2006), and in the staff room of Central School of Speech and Drama, where I produced MA graduation shorts for writers including the now-award-winning playwrights Nick Payne and Evan Placey (2007). I have a first class BA Honours in Screen Studies, from Liverpool John Moores University (2001).
If you are a producer or publisher, or you work for a broadcaster or creative agency (or similar!) and are looking to hire/commission: I am freelance and always interested in discussing potential projects and opportunites. Please do feel free to get in touch. (Fully paid work only, please - thanks!)